Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: v16 and later
This error will occur if the folder where you are trying to create the backup does not have the appropriate permissions to allow the database to be created.
Note: This information is provided as a convenience. Swiftpage does not provide support for configuring file permissions on your computer. If you require additional assistance with these settings, refer to Microsoft or an IT Professional.
- In Windows Explorer, browse to the location where you are trying to create the backup or remote database
- Right-click the folder you intend to create the database, then select Properties
- Click the Security Tab, then click Edit...
- Select Everyone from the Group or user names list, check the option for full control, then click OK
Note: If you do not see Everyone in the list, you can add them by clicking Add…, then typing Everyone into the text box that appears and clicking OK
- Click OK on the folder Properties window to close it
- Attempt to create your database to test