When I attempt to change my Duplicate Checking settings, I receive the Error: “Unable to retrieve schema metadata”.
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
This can occur if the database didn’t update properly.
Note: Prior to following the steps below, it is recommended that you create a backup of your database. For information on how to create a backup of your database, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to back up and restore an Act! database
Answer ID How to back up and restore an Act! database
- On the server, browse to the install folder
Note: By default, this location is as follows, depending on your operating system (OS) type:
- 64-bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\ACT for Windows
- 32-bit OS: C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows
- Open the ActUpdate.config file with notepad
- Locate the LatestSchemaVersion line and edit the version number - change the number that falls after the first decimal point to a 9. For example, if it reads 22.214.171.124, change it to 126.96.36.199
- Open the database and allow Act! to attempt to update the database
- Once the update process has finished, close Act!, then reopen ActUpdate.config with notepad again
- Edit the version back to 18.2, then save and close the file
- Reopen the database and allow Act! to update the database
- Once finished, attempt to change the Duplicate Checking settings to test