Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: v16 and later
This can occur if the ACT! Service Host and/or the ACT! Smart Task Service Host is stopped or needs to be restarted.
- Close Act!
- On your keyboard, press the Windows Key + R to bring up the Run dialog
- Type services.msc, then press Enter
- Locate and right-click ACT! Service Host, then choose Start (choose Restart if already started)
- Locate and right-click ACT! Smart Task Service Host, then choose Start (choose Restart if already started)
- Launch Act! and test using the Universal Search again