This error will result if a unique Remote database was not created for each remote user, if the name of the remote computer is changed or if you are attempting to synchronize with more than one unique Remote database created with the same user name.
- If a unique remote database was not created for each remote user, copies of the current Remote database must be deleted and a unique Remote database created for each remote user.
- If the name of a remote computer was changed, this computer name must be changed back --or-- a new Remote database must be created for this remote user. Please refer to your Operating System documentation for information on changing your computer name.
- If you receive this error when attempting to synchronize with more than one unique Remote database created with the same user name, a new unique Remote database, with a unique user name, must be created for all but one of the duplicate remote users. Click the Tools menu, and then click Manage Users to define the selected sync user name(s) in the Publisher database (if necessary).
- Title: How to Manage Remote Databases
Answer ID: How to Manage Remote Databases in Act!
For information on creating a Remote database, refer to the following Knowledge Base Answer:
- Title: How to Create a Remote Database
Answer ID:How do I set up remote database synchronization in Act!?