Product Family: Act!
Third Party: Microsoft Office 2013
Cause: This can be caused due to user permissions.
Confirm that no other users are accessing or editing the template.
Check the template file is not set to Read Only
- Press the Windows key + E on your keyboard
- Navigate to the location of the Template
Note: By default the location will be similar to this: \\[Server name]\[database name]-database files\Templates
- Right click the template you would like to edit and select Properties
- In the General tab ensure Read Only is not checked. If Read Only is checked, uncheck it and try editing the template again.
If the above steps do not resolve the issue you can make a copy of the template by following the steps below:
- Open the template in Read Only mode
- On your keyboard press CTRL+A to select all content
- Go to Act! and click the Write menu
- Click New Letter/Email Template
- In the blank template window press CTRL+V
- Save the document and test using the template