When clicking the Email button in Act!, I receive the Error: "Sorry we're having trouble starting Outlook. Only one version of Outlook can run at a time. Check to see if another version of Outlook is running". Sometimes, if Microsoft Outlook is closed, Act! will populate a new email.
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium
OS: Windows 10
Third Party: Microsoft Outlook, Office 365
This issue has been known to occur if you are running Act! as a Windows Administrator, but you are not running Outlook as a Windows administrator or vice versa, or if an upgrade to Outlook occurs that overwrites the Outlook files that are required to be installed before Act!. Once those files are overwritten, it's as if Outlook was installed after Act!.
Disable Run as Administrator option
- Ensure Act! and Outlook are closed
- Right-click the Act! icon from your desktop, then choose Properties
- Go to the Compatibility tab
- Ensure the option to “Run this program as an administrator” is unchecked, then click OK
Note: If this option is grayed out, click Change settings for all users, uncheck the option from here, click OK, then click OK again
- Right-click the Outlook icon from your desktop, then choose Properties
- Repeat steps 3 and 4
- Launch Outlook and Act!
- Test clicking the E-mail option
Uninstall and reinstall Act!
- Refer to the following article to backup your database:
How to back up and restore an Act! database
- Refer to the following article to uninstall Act!
How to uninstall Act! Pro, Act! Premium, or Act! Premium (access via web) v16 or later
- Reboot your computer and then follow the steps in the article below to reinstall Act!
How do I install Act!?
- Once Act! has reinstalled open Act! and Outlook to test the issue