Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web)
Version: 2010 and later
You can manually create a History for Contacts, Companies, Groups and Opportunities. To create a History:
- Navigate to the Record for which you wish to create a History
- At the top of the screen click the big History button
- Select the Type of History you wish to record, as well as the result
- Complete the details for the date and time the History occurred
- If desired, attach a file by clicking Attach
- If you wish to share the History with another record (Group, Company, or Opportunity), click the [...] button next to the “Share with” field
- If desired, change the Record Manager for the History
Note: By default, the Record Manager for the History will be the user who created the History.
- Enter a summary of what the History is about in the Regarding field
- Enter the details of the History in the Details section
- If you wish to keep the History accessible to only you, you can enable the Private option
- If the History type matches an Activity type, and you need to schedule a follow-up, click the Follow-up… button and enter the details for the follow-up activity, then click OK
- Click OK to save the History when you are finished
Viewing and editing Histories
Once a History has been created, you can view it by selecting the corresponding row and looking at the preview pane on the right. If they exist for the History, attachments can be opened by clicking the paper clip icon.
If you need to open the History so that you can edit it, you can double-click it to edit it, or if you are using Act! Premium (access via web), click the Edit link on the History.
To delete a History, right-click it and choose delete selected, or if you are using Act! Premium (access via web), click the delete Link on the History