Question: How do I view, create and edit Contacts in Act! Companion?
Product Family: Act!
Deployment: Desktop, Web and Cloud
Integration: Act! Web API, Act! Connect Link, Act! Companion
The Act! Companion app allows you to view and edit existing contacts as well as add completely new ones to your Act! database whilst on the go.
1. Once you have opened Act! Companion, you can access your Contact records by tapping the Contact icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. You can also use the menu icon in the top left corner to display a navigation menu:
3. The Act! Companion app displays your contacts in a list. In order to see more contacts, scroll down the list. Act! Companion will pull a handful of contact records on demand, each time you scroll.
4. Tap any of your Contact records to see several options:
5. The Details icon will allow you to open up the contact record if you want to view or amend their information. You can check their address, any Opportunities, Activities, History, notes or Documents in the record, and see if they are a member of any Groups or Companies. Tapping the Pencil icon in the bottom right corner will allow you to edit the Contact.
6. Alternatively, if you are using the list view, you can swipe the toward the right. Then tap Edit
1. In Act! Companion, go to the Contacts list as discussed above.
2. Tap the + icon in the bottom right corner.
3. Act! Companion displays the New Contact form. The top area contains the most basic information, followed by the Contact info section, which contains many of the standard fields you will have seen when using the Act! database.
4. If you begin to type into a dropdown field (such as the Country field for example), Companion will show you a list of available options which will narrow down as you type. Tap one of the bulleted options to complete the field, or continue to type in if you prefer.
5. To add data to fields not listed here, scroll down and expand the Optional Fields area by tapping the arrow.
6. When you have filled out the fields to your satisfaction, tap the Save button at the top right of the screen.
7. The Act! Companion app creates this contact and displays its details. You can edit the contact further by clicking the Pencil icon if you wish.
8. As Act! Connect accesses your live database, this new contact will immediately be present within the Act! program as well.
For more information about working with Act! Companion, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to Get Started with Act! Companion