Symptom: Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable -x86 9.0.21022 fails to install when installing Act!. I am prompted to click Yes to continue the installation of Act! or No to quit
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium
Version: 19.0 and later
OS: Windows 7
There is no known cause for this issue.
Note: This information is provided as a convenience. Act! does not provide support for Microsoft products. If you require assistance, contact Microsoft or an IT professional.
Follow the steps to confirm if you have the redistributabe package already installed:
- Before clicking either option in the prompt received, open the Windows Control Panel and click Programs and Features or Uninstall a program
- Locate Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable -x86 9.0.21022. If Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable -x86 9.0.21022 is present in the list you should install Act! and click Yes when prompted to continue the installation. If it is not present, continue to step 3
- Download and save to your Desktop the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package from Microsoft here:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
- After you have downloaded the file, locate it on your Desktop and double-click to run it
- Once the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) installation has completed, proceed with the Act! installation