You would like to activate the built-in Administrator account in Windows 10. Note: The following information is provided as a convenience. Swiftpage does not provide support for Microsoft® Products. For more information on this topic go to Microsoft.com.
Enable the Account and Apply a Password
- Click the Start menu, type Local Users and Groups and hit Return.
- Double click on the Users folder to open it.
- Right click on Administrator in the right column and select Properties.
- Make sure that Account is disabled is unchecked. If it is not, uncheck it, then click Apply and OK.
- If you want to assign a password to the Administrator user, right click on Administrator in the right column again, and this time select Set Password.
- You will receive a warning about the dangers of resetting the Administrator password. If you wish to continue, click the Proceed button where you will then be able to enter a new password for the Administrator account.
- If you ever want to disable this account again, right click on Administrator, select Properties and place a check in the Account is disabled option.