Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium Plus (desktop only)
Note: Field level security for custom tables cannot be managed in a remote database or an offline client.
Field Security allows you to control access to individual fields by Act! user or by team. To manage the Field Security for a field in a custom table:
- Login to the database as an Administrator level user
- Click Custom Tables > Manage Custom Tables
- Select a table from the Load Table drop-down
- Select the field you want to set field security for
- Under Field Management, click Field Security
- Use the Default Permissions drop-down to select what the default level of access should be for all users
- To edit the access level by user, under the Users tab, click a user, then click Edit…
- In the Edit Users screen, ensure the desired user is selected, then click the Access Level drop-down to assign a new access level to that user
Note: If you need to change the user, you can simply click a different user, or if you need to select multiple users to assign the same access level to, hold the Ctrl key down on your keyboard while individually selecting the desired users, then click the Access Level drop-down to assign the access level to those users.
- Click OK when finished
- To edit the access level by team, under the Teams tab, select a Team, then click Edit…
- Make the desired access level changes for your teams using the same principles used to change access levels for individual users, then click OK when finished assigning access levels for teams
- Close the dialog when you’re finished with Field Security