Question: How do I add, edit, or remove HTML blocks in my Drag & Drop Template in Act! Marketing Automation?Product Details:
- Product Family: Emarketing
- Product: Act! Marketing Automation
Note: Act! does not provide support for HTML customization. This option is not recommended for users who are not proficient in HTML. Failure to use correct and responsive HTML code can result in the template rendering differently from the intended outcome.
Adding an HTML block to a template
- From the Templates screen in Act! Marketing Automation, open the template you wish to add an HTML block to
- If you do not already have a row you’d like to add your HTML block to, add one. For information about adding and managing rows, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to add, edit and remove rows using the Drag & Drop template editor in Act! Marketing Automation
- If not already selected, on the right-hand side of the editor, click the Content tab
- From the Content tab, click and drag the HTML content block over the template layout
Note: A thick blue line with the words “Drag it here” will appear when you have dragged it over a place where you are able to drop it.
- Drop the HTML block in the desired row
After you’ve added the HTML block, a blurb of filler text will appear that reads “I’m a new HTML block”. You can change the contents by following the “Editing the an HTML block”.
Editing the contents of an HTML block
- In the template editor, click the HTML block you wish to edit the contents for
- In the Contents tab, under Content properties, use the HTML editor window to make changes to the contents of the HTML block
- If you wish to make it so that the HTML block isn’t visible when viewed on a mobile device, enable the “Hide on mobile” option
- Click the Save button when you're done
Moving, duplicating, or deleting HTML blocks
- Moving an HTML block: With the desired HTML block selected, click and hold the move icon and drag it to the new position
- Duplicating an HTML block: With the desired HTML block selected, click the duplicate icon to insert a duplicate of the Text block below the original Text block
- Deleting an HTML block: With the desired HTML block selected, click the trash can/delete icon read the warning stating that it cannot be undone, and if you’re sure, click Delete