Question: How do I add and edit rows to a Drag & Drop template editor?
- Product Family: Emarketing
- Product: Act! Marketing Automation
Rows create the structure of your template and work as containers for holding the content your readers will see and/or interact with. They are used to break down your template into organized sections, and can be made up of 1-4 columns. Before you can place any content blocks into your template, you must make sure that a row exists for it first. By default, all templates have at least one row, but you may wish to add more, or edit the properties of an existing row.
Adding a Row to your template
- From the Templates screen in Act! Marketing Automation, open the template you wish to add rows to
- On the right-hand side of the template editor, click the Rows tab
- Choose the row that has the desired number of columns
- Click and drag the chosen row type over to the template layout
Note: A thick blue line with the words “Drag it here” will appear when you have dragged it over a place where you are able to drop it.
- Drop the row above or under an existing row as desired
- Click Save when you’re done to save the changes
Once you have the row in place, to make changes to this row, click anywhere in the space around the row in the template. The row editor will appear on the right.
There are several edits you can make to a specific row that allow for very detail-oriented capabilities when building out your template:
- Row background color: change the background color for just this row.
- Content background color: the background where content is placed within the row.
- Do not stack on mobile: for multi-column rows, you can turn off stacking for mobile viewers.
- Reverse stack mobile: reverse the order that your multi-column row is stacked for mobile viewers.
- Row background image: Add a background image for your row.
- Hide on: Hide this row on mobile or on desktop. For example, you may have a large image that you want to hide for mobile viewers to save space when your mobile viewer is reading your email.
If you have a multi-column row, you can control padding and border settings for each column within your row by clicking onto one of the columns in the Customize Columns section.
After you add the row, you will need to add a content block to it. For additional information on using the Drag & Drop template editor, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to use the Drag & Drop template editor in Act! Marketing Automation