Note: It is strongly recommended to perform a backup of your database before proceeding. For detailed information, please refer to the following Knowledge Base Answer:
- Title: How to Back Up and Restore an ACT! Database
Answer ID: How to back up and restore an Act! database
Note: This must be done on the machine hosting the Publisher Database.
- Ensure that the ACT! program is closed.
- Click the Windows Start button, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
- In the Open field, enter either actdiag and then click OK. The ACT! Diagnostics utility launches:
Note: Images in your version of ACT! may differ slightly from the images used in this Answer.
- Click the Databases button from the navigation bar. A list of your databases appears:
- Click the rectangle on the left side of the DATABASE name to select the entire row displaying the database information.
- Click the Actions menu, and then click Database Reports, the following Database Reports dialog box appears:
- Click Missing Attachments, the Missing Attachments Report dialog box appears. Click Yes to view the report in Notepad.
- Launch My Computer and navigate to the Supplemental Files location outlined in the Missing Attachments Report.
- Perform Steps 1 through 8 on the machine hosting the remote database.
- Compare the attachments listed in the folders on both machines.
- Copy the correct files over to the Supplemental Files Folder for the machine missing them.
- Synchronize all remote databases.
Create a new remote database.
Please refer to the following Knowledge Base Answers for detailed information on creating and managing remote databases:
- Title: How to Create a Remote Database
Answer ID: How do I set up remote database synchronization in Act!?
- Title: How to Manage Remote Databases
Answer ID: How to Manage Remote Databases in Act!
- Perform Steps 1 through 11 of Method One for each remote database.