When attempting to select a value in a field using a drop down list, which contains over 500 items, you find that not all items are listed when viewed through Act! Premium (access via web). You would like to know how to increase the number of items presented.
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium (access via web)
You can increase the number of items presented by editing the Web.config file on the server, following these steps:
- Through Windows® Explorer, browse to your installation location
- Default locations:
- 32-bit: C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Web\APFW
- 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Web\APFW
- Locate Web.config, right-click file and select Open With, select Notepad
- Locate line "Act.Web.MaxPicklistSize" value="500"
- Increase value
- Save changes to file
- Restart Default Web Site (or custom web site) or reset IIS to pick up change
- Access database to test
For information on resetting IIS, review the following article:
Title: How to Reset IIS (Internet Information Services)
Answer ID: How to Reset IIS (Internet Information Services)