Product Family: Act!
Version: v21.1 and above
DISCLAIMER: This article is for information purposes only, Swiftpage DO NOT provide technical support for third party applications such as those required for proxy server configuration.
Act! v21.1 introduced a new licensing feature which allows all activation requests to go via a proxy server. This means that the initial product activation, and subsequent checks to validate subscription licenses can all be performed by another machine on the network. This feature is useful for secure environments, where internet access may be tightly controlled or unavailable from client machines.
Using this feature requires a proxy server to be configured. This should be set up on a machine on the network which has internet access, and access to https://activate.act.com should not be blocked. Please note that Swiftpage do not provide support with setting up a proxy server. Please contact your IT administrator if you require assistance with this.
Enabling Proxy Licensing:
- Ensure Act! is closed.
- Browse to one of the following locations, depending on your version of Act!:
- Act! Pro or Premium: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows
- Act! Premium (access via web): C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Web
Note:If you’re on a 32-bit machine, change Program Files (x86) to Program Files.
- Locate Act!.exe.config and open with Microsoft Notepad.
- Locate the section below:
- Remove the comment marks highlighted in yellow to enable proxy licensing.
- Enter the Domain, User Name, Password, Port, and Host Name needed to reach and authenticate with the proxy server. These values should be entered between the quotation marks highlighted in red on the example.
- Save the file, then open Act! and complete an online activation.