Question: What's new in Act! v22
Product Family: Act! Growth Suite
Tier: Professional, Premier, Ultimate
Act! v22 brings you the latest generation of the Act! software. This release also encompasses numerous improvements to enhance the user experience of Act! no matter where it has been deployed, whether than be via desktop, web or cloud.
Act! v22 delivers the features and improvements detailed below:
All-New Customer Console
A key part of the Act! v22 release is the addition of an all-new Customer Console that showcases a hub of information to start your day quickly, make quick decisions and navigate throughout the product more efficiently. This feature includes an out of the box dashboard, getting started information, access to import and upload data and the ability to completely personalize the layout of this view per the user’s needs.
- Evolving from a personalized dashboard to a user’s hub & navigation console for all things Act! emphasizing personalization & enhancing productivity.
- All-new customer console & hub for key information driving actionable insight.
- New out-of-the-box content giving users ability to see upcoming tasks, their pipeline & more.
- Ability to personalize & tailor the experience to individual needs.
Trial Getting Started Menu (US Trial Accounts ONLY)
Whenever you sign up for a free trial of Act!, you will now experience the new Getting Started menu. This is a brand new feature that has been specifically designed to make sure that onboarding with Act! is as easy and smooth an experience as possible.
The purpose of this menu is to quickly and easily walk you through using the Act! product. It advises which tasks you should perform immediately, such as importing any existing contacts, and shows you exactly how to perform these steps. It also provides a list of commonly performed tasks in Act! designed to familiarize you in working within some of the key areas of the program.
- All-new getting started menu provides new customers a very easy and smooth onboarding experience.
- Automatic prompts encourage customers to work through a list of tasks vital for new customers such as importing their current contacts, or getting started with Marketing Automation.
- Screen prompts, text-boxes, video tutorial links and smart tips provide useful information to the customer as and when they need it.
Marketing Automation - User Experience & Navigation Improvements
To help improve navigation of Marketing Automation functionality, we have relocated the navigation menu to the top of the view. This improves on the previous ‘double-stacked’ side menus, and also provides more screen real estate for users as they build out their templates and workflows.
- Updated Marketing Automation navigation.
- New design and layout increases screen real estate and improves navigation.
Marketing Automation - Default Scoring Profile
To help users quickly get started with scoring profiles, we have added a new default scoring profile to AMA. This applies to all AMA accounts, and will map to a new AMA Score field in Act!.
- New contact field entitled "AMA Score" added to the database and can be added to existing contact layouts.
- A new scoring profile called "Default Scoring Rule" has been added to AMA accessible by going to the Admin section and choosing Scoring.
- New default group called "Scored Leads" has been created which automatically groups together contacts that have an AMA score greater than zero.
Marketing Automation Tab - Send Email (Currently available in web client only)
To further enhance the functionality of AMA, a new contact tab has been added which allows users to perform several Marketing Automation tasks. On the first section of this new tab, users can compose and send an email to the contact, which is sent and tracked by AMA. Users can also quickly import content from existing WYSIWYG emails, for messages which they may want to send frequently. This feature allows users to send short, tracked emails quickly without needing to create a full drip marketing campaign.
- Send emails to your contacts without any need for an additional email client.
- Sent emails will be tracked through AMA, even without setting up a campaign.
- Import content from existing WYSIWYG email templates to save time and effort when creating your emails.
Marketing Automation Tab - Campaigns (Currently available in web client only)
On the second section of the new Marketing Automation tab, users can quickly add a contact to an existing campaign, and can view details of campaigns the contact is already included in, preventing the need to amend any existing groups or perform complex workarounds.
- Add a contact to any existing drip marketing campaign right from their contact record.
- No need to amend any groups to include additional one-off contacts.
- Quickly and easily view details of any campaigns a contact is currently involved in directly from their contact record.
Marketing Automation Tab - Scores (Currently available in web client only)
On the third section of the new Marketing Automation tab, users can quickly view scoring profile data for the selected contact.
- See a list of all scoring profiles that have affected the selected contact and what those scores are.
- Easily compare how engaged an individual contact has been based on multiple scoring profiles.
Marketing Automation - New Grid View
To help customers work effectively when they have accumulated a lot of Marketing Automation content, we have added new Grid views to the Campaigns, Templates and Landing Pages views. This allows users to view more items on screen, and easily search for the content they need.
- Switch easily between classic list view and new grid view.
- Available in the Campaigns, Templates and Landing Pages views.
- Makes searching through content quicker and easier displaying more content on each screen.
Marketing Automation - Send to Custom Tables Groups
Act! v22 allows you to create groups based on custom table data (see below for further explanation of this new feature). Because Marketing Automation campaigns use groups to determine which contacts will be included, it is now possible to create drip marketing campaigns for custom tables groups.
- Usable within current databases that have custom tables data.
- Requires contacts to be linked to custom tables data as it is always contacts that are entered into a drip marketing campaign.
Act! Insight - Drill Down on Custom Charts
To further enhance the functionality of Act! Insight, we have added the ability to drill down on custom created charts. For example, if you click on a column or bar in a custom chart based around contact or opportunity fields, it will open the data in a list view.
- Easily see more detailed data when creating custom charts simply by clicking on bars or columns.
- Click records within the drill down list to navigate directly to the details view of the specific record.
- Works with custom charts built around contact or opportunity fields.
Custom Tables - Create Groups
In order to integrate custom tables modules more fully into Act!, we have now provided the functionality to create groups based on custom tables data. This means that if you have any contact records linked to custom tables data, you can now create dynamic group criteria based on this custom tables data, making the feature that much more powerful and flexible. This means as well that we now have the ability to create advanced queries based on customs tables data which will be discussed further below.
- Works with existing custom tables and any data you might already have in your database.
- Dynamic groups can be created based around custom tables data, meaning that any time any of your contacts have that matching criteria, they will automatically be added to the group.
- Groups in Act! are always based around contacts, therefore a group based around custom tables data must have linked contact records, then those contacts will appear in the group.
Custom Tables - Create Advanced Queries
As part of the improvements made to the custom tables feature in Act!, we have introduced the ability to create advanced queries based around custom table data. This can be accessed in the exact same way as you would expect (Lookup > Advanced > Advanced Query).
- Select from any of your custom tables and their associated fields.
- Queries can be saved and used to create dynamic group criteria as normal.
- This feature will allow you to search for contacts that have an associated custom table record. Remember that if you want to search purely for custom table records regardless of whether they have linked contacts or not, you can do so by going to Lookup > Custom Tables.
Custom Tables - Set Layouts by User
One feature that has been requested often with regard to custom tables is the ability to swap between layouts easily. This is now possible with each individual user able to select the layout that they want to use without affecting any of their colleagues.
- Open up a custom table record and choose from a drop-down list which layout you want to use.
- After selecting and applying the layout, this will only affect the currently logged in Act! user, any other user may log in and perform the same steps themselves.
Custom Tables - Improved Parent/Child Table Setup
Creating and managing parent/child table relationships has been made easier in order to encourage users to explore this feature.
- The first custom table you create no longer has an option for child table settings. This is because the setting cannot be used until you have at least two custom tables, so it simplifies the process and helps avoid confusion.
- When creating additional custom tables (or editing a table if you have more than one), the child table settings dialog will show and contains new messaging advising that a parent link must be configured.
- When a parent/child relationship is set up, the child table will be pre-selected in the child table settings dialog.
Custom Tables - Control Tab Order
Previously when you created multiple custom tables and added them to the navigation bar, they would appear in the order in which you created the tables. This can now be controlled in v22.
- Select Custom Tables > Manage Custom Tables and click Reorder Custom Tables.
Custom Tables - Mail Merge Current Date or Time
Whenever you create a custom table in Act! you can perform a mail merge using data from your custom tables records. It is now possible to include today's date or the current time on your merged documents.
- Go to Custom Tables > Manage Templates, then access the Insert Merge Field dialog. Under the Record Type dropdown, Document Variables can be selected and this now includes Today's Date and Today's Time.
Web Client Layout - Enhanced Formatting Tools
With each new release we always strive to bring the web client closer and closer in terms of functionality to the desktop client. One of the most commonly requested features for improvement was the layout designer. The layout designer in the web client has now been significantly improved and includes much of the functionality that was missing previously.
- New formatting menu options available include:
- Make Same Size
- Horizontal Spacing
- Vertical Spacing
- New option for Align to Grid now appears in the Grid menu.
User Experience & Navigation Improvements
To help improve navigation of Marketing Automation functionality, we have relocated the
navigation menu to the top of the view. This improves on the previous ‘double-stacked’ side
menus, and also provides more screen real estate for users as they build out their templates
Defects Closed in Act! v22
Note: The list of defects below only cover the defects closed at the release of Act! v22.0. For a list of defects fixed in updates for Act! v22.0, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
What issues have been fixed in Act! updates?
Click here to expand
- GS-554 Truncation display on Preferences dialog when set DPI 150%
- GS-1094 Update dtsearch component for Universal Search
- GS-1118 Non-subscriber view for Act! Insight
- GS-1141 Remove UK Accounting Integration
- GS-1266 Custom Tables - Allow group criteria based on custom table data
- GS-2056 APFW automated test suite for Upgrades
- GS-2058 New Install EULA/Copyright/README in app
- GS-2060 New Install login test
- GS-2065 New Install Insight/MyAct test
- GS-2077 Custom Tables disabled with Premium
- GS-2083 Remove UK accounting integration
- GS-2087 Non-subscriber views for Insight and MyAct
- GS-2089 Custom Tables new features
- GS-1228 Update EULAs
- GS-1464 APFW - AMA - Clicking '+' on Campaign Results tab logs user out of database
- GS-1578 Opening Contact Detail View and switching layout causes errors when using v22 build 38
- GS-1582 APFW - Switching layouts pushes Tab divider to the top of the layout in v22
- GS-1592 TS - APFW - Remote databases do not sync supplemental files
- GS-1611 Unable to update database currency
- GS-1628 TS - APFW - Cannot create Quote from Opportunity via web
- GS-1683 APFW - Contacts not syncing to Outlook.
- GS-1738 Change Google Mail integration to read only
- GS-1760 Blank database templates are untranslated
- GS-1784 The AMA Score field is read only
- GS-1804 APFW - Google Authorization Expired when trying to sync.
- GS-1805 APFW - Execute Command Error when trying to sync with Google.
- GS-1829 Locales - APFW - Opportunities - Error "Actual close date should be later than start date" and "Estimated close date should be later then Start date" when closing Opportunities, using European Date Formats
- GS-1846 System Manager Log Out Button redirects to APFW
- GS-1880 AMA - APFW Marketing Automation tab does not refresh when switching between contacts
- GS-1912 DE/CF/FR - Field names are untranslated
- GS-1917 Use Asymmetric cert for token validation on SSO
- GS-1919 API - New opportunities POSTed to Act! do not include ContactId
- GS-1920 APFW - Creating a new contact while Marketing Automation tab is selected causes a log out.
- GS-1922 SautinSoft.Document.DLL plugin files are old version, 126.96.36.199 and can cause User log-out
- GS-1929 Gmail history recording duplicates histories on subsequent syncs.
- GS-1939 APFW - AMA - Using quick lookup when in Marketing Automation view causes logoff
- GS-1943 MyAct - SSO Pop up is not displaying automatically on APC login
- GS-1947 MyAct! - APFW - System Manager Users, can still access Act! Manage Users, on SSO enabled Database
- GS-1950 Dynamic Criteria for Scored Leads Group is incorrect
- GS-1953 Deleting or renaming the Appointment Activity causes errors
- GS-1954 MyAct! - APFW - Logging off SSO enabled Database, takes you back to APFW login screen
- GS-1967 MyAct! Welcome page doesn't display charts when Act Connect Link installed.
- GS-1971 Users can enter a custom value in an RDB when Limit to List is enabled on the Publisher database
- GS-1975 APFW - Creating a Custom Table and logging out of a database populates an error when accessing Define Fields
- GS-1983 SSO - Support button goes to Session Expired in MyAct
- GS-1989 SSO - MyAct! - APFW - Clicking "Log Off" as System Manager User, takes you to APFW login screen
- GS-1990 APFW - Unable to open calendar view or clear activities in web
- GS-2003 Opportunities - Cannot save Opportunities
- GS-2008 SSO Prompt appears with nullHome occasionally
- GS-2091 APFW - Adding Act! emarketing to the NavBar in v22 displays an orange icon
- GS-2094 About Act page is untranslated in Windows (EULA)
- GS-2114 UI Standards - act! Logo, in Navbar, remains blue, even if Navbar is changed to Black or Silver
- GS-2115 UI Standards - Navbar truncates Lookup drop down field and Contains field
- GS-2116 APFW - Cannot reset menu and toolbars. error: 500, error: undefined
- GS-2123 APC - AWS licensing is limited to 100 users
- GS-2126 APFW - Welcome Page - Upload button, appears as a option, for self-hosted Web Users
- GS-75 APFW - The Lookup Selected and Omit Selected buttons in List View grey out after use until the page is refreshed
- GS-108 BETA - APFW - Chrome - Splitter Bar in Contacts/Companies/Groups resets position when switching between views.
- GS-121 APFW - Chrome - Mini calendar when creating activities is truncated
- GS-136 APFW - Opportunities - Days in Stage do not update in List view in web
- GS-138 Days in stage counter doesn't work until stage has been changed once.
- GS-164 Restore Database gives error with SQL 2016.
- GS-172 TS - APFW - Trying to edit a deleted favourite report logs user out of Act!.
- GS-418 LC - CF/FR - Priority level of Activity is displayed in English when creating an Activity
- GS-443 Beta - Pipeline View - Parts of Pipeline view appear in English, on LC Act!
- GS-569 BETA - Outlook Integration - Create Act! Contact uses the 'To' email address instead of the 'From' email address of the selected email by default.
- GS-574 AMA - Navigation freezes if endpoint files are blank
- GS-576 TS - APFW - Logged out when creating Secondary Contacts if picklist exceeds 500 items on field in Secondary Contacts
- GS-578 User Management - AMA permissions do not function
- GS-585 APFW - Act! Integration can be installed when the Act! desktop application is present
- GS-636 APFW - Deleting all Groups or Companies in APFW causes User log off
- GS-1236 Unable to create Activity from Outlook add-in when using Outlook 64 bit
- GS-1468 LC - DE/FR/CF - Untranslated string in Regional Version window of Install wizard
- GS-1480 TS - APFW - Changing a User password, database, or web server causes an Act! Address book prompt to appear each time the User launches Outlook
- GS-1506 LC-FR-Translation is not reasonable on Contact Detail View.
- GS-1522 MyAct! - New in-product console view content
- GS-1554 Creating a Mail Merge to Microsoft Word from a Lookup does not insert a page break between the first two Contacts letters
- GS-1557 LC - DE/FR - Default language in install drop down does not match OS language. (22.0)
- GS-1572 LC - DE - When installing Act! v22 build 35 the region selected is ignored and US English is always installed
- GS-1588 APC - When syncing an Offline Client schema files are added to the desktop of the Users machine
- GS-1594 APFW - The Weekly Calendar view does not reflect the week in the date range displayed
- GS-1632 APFW - Logged out of web when a user does not have any AMA PERMISSIONS
- GS-1650 APFW - Outlook - Add-ins unable to attach "email subject, message, and all attachments" for non admin users
- GS-1657 APFW - Big button icons are greyed out when logged in as 'Restricted' user.
- GS-1660 APFW - Cannot delete history using 'delete' button.
- GS-1676 Formatting of AMA Score filed does not match the other fields on the default layout
- GS-1690 APFW - Cannot set Customise columns on Contact Tab, within Groups, Companies and Opportunities. Window will not close
- GS-1693 The AMA Score field is not displayed in List View by default
- GS-1735 Days in Stage field overlaps Process/Stage fields in 1366 x 768 layout.
- GS-1737 APFW - Blank company created when clicking on a linked company.
- GS-1780 APFW - Layout Designer - The first control that's selected must be selected twice.
- GS-1799 APFW - Outlook/Google Integration install requires re-branding to Growth Suite.
- GS-1800 APFW - Word Integration install requires re-branding to Growth Suite.
- GS-1802 Act! hangs when 'Show Act! Announcements' is enabled
- GS-1810 Google Integration does not record E-mail History in Desktop or APFW
- GS-1818 APFW - Cannot minimize/hide Nav Bar in IE.
- GS-1826 Locales - Custom Tables - Fields with accent characters are automatically removed from Layout
- GS-1833 APFW - Users with Manager security role, are able to access Manage Users
- GS-1872 StageStartDate gets defined as NULL on new opportunities
- GS-1879 APC walkme is missing the users serial number
- GS-1885 APFW Layout Designer localization
- GS-1915 MyAct! - Toggle settings are not retained, after restart of Act!
- GS-1923 Chrome - APC - Unable to save Advanced Query
- GS-1931 JWT errors - discourage use of Network Sync via the internet
- GS-1935 Google Integration does not record E-mail History in Desktop or APFW v22
- GS-1938 APFW - Adding several lines of text in Details adds additional line spacing between each line when viewed in web
- GS-1942 MyAct - User Management is linking to buy.act.com instead of what's in the web.config
- GS-1949 Custom Tables group membership criteria not returning results
- GS-1973 APFW - In the Global Toolbar the "New" button text label is not visible until mouse over
- GS-1976 MyAct - Launch Act! - Logs in as previous user
- GS-2103 APFW - FR/DE - Setting Default Record Creation to "Limited Access" and reviewing Users for the preference causes logout
- GS-2107 WalkMe - Use web.config flag or DB flag to identify Trial user
- GS-2112 Keyboard shortcuts allow System Manager to edit/add to database content
- GS-2118 APFW - Opportunities View is inconsistent if a User does not have the API permission
- GS-2120 Activity/History/Note Detail Composition preferences are ignored.
- GS-2133 APFW - KPIs fail to load if startup view is set to Opportunity Detail
- GS-2146 APFW - Navigation button text is not centered when highlighted
- GS-92 BETA - LC - DE - Translation and truncation errors within the Contact Layout 1366 x 768
- GS-207 APFW - Issue adding Yes/No fields to layout in Web.
- GS-268 APFW - Cannot Delete records on history list with the delete key
- GS-291 TS - Hitting Return after entering a bullet point in Schedule Activity changes font & size.
- GS-641 APFW - Entities added to NavBar break NavBar in web
- GS-712 APFW - Can not open a different layout from within the web layout designer
- GS-745 Don't allow email type fields to be selected as primary
- GS-815 APFW: The date displayed on title bar is different with the content date when user choose Sunday in mini-calendar
- GS-843 Username field limits the number of characters to 64 in Desktop and Web
- GS-856 Google Unicode data is not synchronized.
- GS-872 APFW - Log-in Screen - Login screen still alows you to attempt to log in when there are no Databases attached to the web application. Returns an error.
- GS-1212 APFW - Customise columns from tools menu on task list has no effect.
- GS-1254 Implement WalkMe scripts
- GS-1445 APC - Research current cloud infrastructure
- GS-1449 Insight - Support drill down on custom charts
- GS-1451 MyAct! - Support login authentication using Act! Identity
- GS-1452 Growth Suite product branding updates
- GS-1457 APFW - Create contact tab to support new contextual AMA view
- GS-1459 Install - Selecting to open the Quick Start for New Users does nothing
- GS-1513 Research - Confirm all Address Book functionality can be moved to C#
- GS-1517 Premium Mobile - Announce feature deprecation in-product
- GS-1521 Support default AMA scoring profile
- GS-1534 Research - Confirm all Address Book functionality can be moved to C# - Part 2
- GS-1538 APFW - User is able to link Opportunity fields to Contact fields
- GS-1562 Selecting Act! under Apps & features references Mercury in version number
- GS-1564 Clicking no in discard query window doesn't discard the query.
- GS-1573 MyAct! - Add new in-product view
- GS-1583 MyAct! - Add navigation to manage Subscription and Cloud Account
- GS-1589 Custom tables error when creating a new table with the same name as an old one
- GS-1595 Provide option to download Outlook integration on the Synchronize with Outlook menu
- GS-1601 APFW - 'Menu File Not Found' error on logging into APFW.
- GS-1606 Confirm Old Username and Logout button have been removed
- GS-1607 New button added containing user name of the current user.
- GS-1608 New button should resize to match user name length.
- GS-1609 Clicking the new button should give a drop down of additional options.
- GS-1610 New button should allow user to log out.
- GS-1615 Contact Activity is incorrectly translated in metadata
- GS-1634 Custom Tables - Allow merge field for today's date on templates
- GS-1636 Custom Tables - Improve process of linking parent and child tables
- GS-1646 APFW - Web client layout designer - allow multi-select
- GS-1647 APFW - Web client layout designer - enable align and sizing options
- GS-1648 APFW - Web client layout designer - allow align to grid
- GS-1656 QA Basic test
- GS-1725 Minimum framework version below current version prevents RDB restore
- GS-1732 Update installation billboards Jared Cormier
- GS-1754 Update all RTF controls to HTML Paul Callaghan
- GS-1755 Add switch in install.ini to skip downloading slipstream update during install
- GS-1759 APFW - Chrome - When creating a new Contact the Activity tab filters are grayed out until the User switches tab or entity
- GS-1779 APFW Layout Designer - Clicking escape doesn't properly deselect the selected control
- GS-1781 APFW - My Act! Username button loses formatting after opening and closing the menu
- GS-1795 APFW - Remove Global Toolbar from the Marketing Automation view Unassigned
- GS-1819 APFW - Unable to delete companies in list view after collapsing Nav Bar.
- GS-1820 MyAct! - Add popup for upgrading users to opt in to SSO
- GS-1836 Custom Tables - Allow ordering of tabs to be defined
- GS-1841 APFW - ISPA - Cannot sync Contacts to Outlook
- GS-1845 APFW - Layout Designer - The default size of the window is too small
- GS-1849 APFW - Cannot log into database on APFW Server after logging in via the web.
- GS-1866 Allow Web Site Administration functionality without running as administrator
- GS-1883 Allow portal base URL to be changed via a config file
- GS-1884 Add Act! v22.0 Beta Bomb
- GS-1886 Prompt does not appear if a non-admin User logs on
- GS-1894 APFW - Contact List View displaying incorrect results.
- GS-1895 Act! product branding updates
- GS-1896 Confirm changes to Act! branding in web client.
- GS-1899 APFW - Layout Designer - Checkbox controls already in layout are not included in exclusion list when creating checkbox controls
- GS-1918 APFW - The 'Import Templates' drop down menu in the send email section of the Marketing Automation tab doesn't populate.
- GS-1925 Remove v22 Office integration changes
- GS-1934 JWT errors - diagnose when API host machine is not available
- GS-1937 APFW - Alignment options in formatting toolbar align all text and adds an additional blank line
- GS-1940 The Details text box in Act! Desktop client does not contain text formatting options in the Relate Contact window
- GS-1941 APFW - Adding Details in Desktop and creating blank lines by pressing Enter displays character Â when viewed in APFW
- GS-1944 MyAct - Launch Act! does not log the user in to Act automatically
- GS-1946 MyAct! - APFW - OK button on SSO Password Policy pop up, does nothing
- GS-1952 MyAct! - The option for Manage Users does not exist in the Tools menu
- GS-1956 Default API Permissions Changes for Manager Tier
- GS-1959 APFW - Deleting cleared Activities does not remove them from the Task List
- GS-1970 MyAct - User sees different User Management options depending on where they log in from
- GS-1977 MyAct - After opting in, the SSO prompt continues to pop up until you click not now
- GS-1978 MyAct! - APFW Manage User Permissions on Act! For SSO and No SSO
- GS-1979 Dismiss 'SSO now available' prompt
- GS-1981 SSO - System Manager sees wrong view in Act
- GS-1986 Growth Suite: Update the Nav Menu Styling (Web)
- GS-1987 Growth Suite: Update the App Styling