Question: How do I Deactivate my Act! License in Order to Register it on Another Computer?
Product Family: Act! Growth Suite
Tier: Professional, Premier, Ultimate
If you wish to install and use Act! on a different computer, you may need to deactivate your Act! license on the current machine you are using. Follow the steps below to deactivate your Act! license.
1. Open up Act!
2. Go to Help > About Act!. Make a note of your Serial Number (you can copy and paste this, perhaps into an email or into Notepad for example). You will need to use this to register on your new computer. Click OK when you have this.
3. Go to Help > Register Act!. Make sure the option to Deactivate your license is selected, and click Next.
4. You will be presented with your serial number. If you have not already done so, make a note of it now (you can copy and paste this, perhaps into an email or into Notepad for example). Click Next.
5. You will receive a Deactivation Complete message advising that you can now register Act! on another computer. Click Finish.
6. Make sure to send your serial number to the new computer (perhaps by email) so you can register Act! on it.
Note: If you attempt to open Act! on the current computer in the future, you will receive a prompt to register the program.
How to Register Act! on the new Computer:
For information on how to register Act!, please see the article below, which also contains information about earlier versions: