Symptom: Error: "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: value" or the Act! Toolbar displays words instead of icons when trying to work with Notes
Product Family: Act! Growth Suite
Tier: Professional, Premier, Ultimate
Deployment: On-Premise Only
Affects Windows 7 Only
This error will occur after a specific security update has been applied to Windows 7 machines. The update was KB4537813 and was released on February the 11th 2020.
The error occurs whenever you work with Notes in Act!. So if you click on the Notes tab in a contact record, if you attempt to open a Note, create a new Note or edit an existing Note, you will receive the error "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: value"
Another symptom of this update is that the Act! Toolbar may display words instead of icons.
The only known solution at this time is to uninstall the KB4537813 update. The following section explains how you can do this.
PLEASE NOTE: This information is provided as a convenience, Swiftpage does not support Microsoft products. For further information, visit: Microsoft.com
1. Go to the Windows Start menu and open up the Control Panel
2. Make sure you are viewing Large Icons or Small Icons in the top right corner, then choose Programs and Features
3. Click View installed updates from the top left corner.
4. Locate the KB4537813 update in the list and click on it.
5. Click the Uninstall button.