Question: What is Email Transactional Data in the Admin tool in Act! Marketing Automation?
- Product Family: E-marketing
- Product: Act! Marketing Automation
Email Transactional Data is a way for you to view a specific contact's AMA marketing history within Act! Marketing Automation. This feature will give you insight into a contact's emailing history, such as historical email opens, clicks, bounces or unsubscribes.
While this data may also be accessed by viewing a contact in Act! under the Marketing Automation tab, this is another way for a marketer to quickly view a specific contact's history. This can also be very helpful in the event a contact reaches out to you letting you know they have not received any recent emails from you. You can use this feature to search the contact and determine if they recently bounced or unsubscribed from your emails.
To access Email Transactional Data and look up a contact's email history:
- Navigate Act! Marketing Automation and select the Admin menu item.
- Select Email Transactional Data from the "What would you like?" dropdown and click Go.
- In the "enter full email address" field, enter the email address of the contact you wish to see email history on then click Retrieve.
Once the page finishes loading, you will see the full email history of that contact from all Act! Marketing Automation campaigns along with the status for each campaign (delivered, open, bounce, etc).
Exporting Email Transactional Data for multiple contacts by date range
In addition to viewing a single contact's email history, you may also use the export tool to see overall data on campaign results such as opens, clicks, bounces, etc. There are two methods to exporting data for either a specific contact, or any contacts that have met the criteria you set.
Exporting data for a single contact:
To see data for just a single contact, leave the email address of the contact in the email field then click the Actions drop down and select Export. You will then be prompted to select a date range as well as a series of check boxes of the type of data you can export. Once your date range and check boxes are selected, click Export and you will receive an Excel file via email of the data you requested.
Exporting data for all contacts that meet your set criteria:
To Export data on any contact that meets your specified criteria from the Email Transactional Data page:
- On the Email Transactional Data page, leave the email field empty and click the Actions dropdown and select Export.
- On the Transactions Export pop up, first select your date range using the calendar icons.
- Next, check or uncheck the statuses that you would like to see from the date range selected. For example, you may wish to see anyone who has opened an email in the past month.
- Finally, click the Export button.
You will see a message appear letting you know that we are processing your request. You will be notified via email when completed that will include an Excel file with your requested data. The email address this report will go to is the email address associated with the user currently logged in.