Question: How do I add Actions to my Act! Marketing Automation landing page?
- Product Family: E-marketing
- Product: Act! Marketing Automation
Once a landing page is set up, you have the option to create specific actions for the end step, whether you have just one, or several ends completing multiple branches (in the case that you have a Decision step after your Form Step). The setup is simple but gives you a complex set of options that will greatly enhance the automatic flow of Act!.
Actions can be added to both Page Designer and HTML Page type landing pages.
- Navigate to Act! Marketing Automation and click the Landing Pages menu item.
- Open the landing page that you wish to add an action for.
- Click the End step in the page flow designer.
- In the pop up, click the dropdown and select Edit End Actions and click Go. You are now taken to a page where you can add in an action.
- Click the first dropdown titled Select Condition Type and choose one of the following:
Add to Drip: Add everyone who made it to this end step to a specific Drip Campaign. It will drop them at the start of the campaign.
Add to Event: Add recipients to an event within a marketing campaign. *Depending on your AMA tier, you may not have this feature.
Add to List: Add everyone who made it to this step to a specific list in Act!.
Create Activity: Create an activity (i.e. task) for a specific user in Act!. (Example: Set an activity for user John Smith to call any contact who has completed the form associated to that end step.)
Create Opportunity: Create an opportunity in Act! for the contact that completed the form.
Notification: Send email notifications to a single user or multiple users. To add more than one user, enter the first email address, then hit your Enter key and continue adding as many email addresses as you want.
Remove From Drip: Remove everyone who made it to this end step from a specific drip campaign.
Remove From List: Remove everyone who made it to this end step from a specific list.
Update Contact Field: Update a specified Act! field to your specified column value for every contact who made it to this end step.
- The remaining field(s) to complete in the pop up depend on the action that you chose in the first dropdown. Complete the remaining field(s) and when finished, click Go.
You will now see the action that you created in the Actions section of the page. If you wish to add additional actions, click the Actions dropdown and select Add Action. There is no limit to how many actions you can have associated with this end step. Once you are done, click Actions and select Save & Return to return to your page flow designer. This completes setup of adding actions to your end step!