Question: What can I use Progressive Profiling for in my Page Designer landing page?
- Product Family: E-marketing
- Product: Act! Marketing Automation
- Page Designer Landing Pages Only
Progressive profiling allows the marketer to gather more information from a contact over time without scaring them away with one huge form. By shortening your forms and asking different questions over time, you will promote better conversion rates and provide your Sales team with more details about that contact.
For example, you could start with a simple form asking first name, last name and email. Once a contact has filled out this form, the next time they visit your landing page they will get a set of new questions, such as phone and company. After this, their third visit will be yet another set of new questions, such as role and number of employees. And so on.
You can either create a new form to build out a progressive profiling form, or you can make any existing landing pages progressive. It's as simple is checking a box!
For information on building a new Page Designer landing page, read the article below:
To set up Progressive Profiling:
- Navigate to the Landing Pages menu item in Act! Marketing Automation.
- Open a Page Designer landing page that you wish to set up Progressive Profiling for.
- Once in the page flow designer, click the Form step.
- In the pop up, select Edit Form from the dropdown and click Go.
- In the Pages section of the form editor, check the Progressive Profiling checkbox. This enables progressive profiling, meaning once this page has been filled out once by a contact, the next time they revisit this page, it will be skipped and they will be directed to the next page rather than having to fill out this information again.
In the Layout section of the form editor, add in the questions you would like to have on the first page a Contact will see. This could be basic information like Email Address and First and Last Name, for example. The only required question to add is Email Address, as this is how we identify the contact when mapping data back to Act!.
Once the Layout is complete, click Actions and Save & Return to return to the page flow designer.
Now it is time to add your additional form(s) that a contact will be directed to if they have already completed the first form on a past session. To add another Form step to your flow:
- Click the Form step in the flow.
- In the pop up, select Insert Action After, then in the Select Action dropdown, select Form.
- Click Go.
Now you will have a second Form step in your flow following your first Form step that we edited earlier. Edit this second Form step as you would normally, making sure to check the Progressive Profiling box in the Pages section of this form editor as well.
You may continue to add in as many additional form steps as you need. It is very important that you have Progressive Profiling checked in ALL of your form steps.
Test out your landing page
Once your landing page is fully set up for Progressive Profiling and you have all the form steps you will need, it is always a good idea to test it out!
To test, simply click the landing page URL located at the bottom of the page flow designer page. The first time you click the link, you will be taken to your first form. Once you complete this form, you will be taken to your Thank You page.
Then click the URL again, and now you will be taken directly to your second form. Complete this form and you will be taken to your Thank You page.
And so on!