Question: How do I use the Mapping Functionality within Act! Companion?
Product Family: Act!
Deployment: Desktop, Web and Cloud
Integration: Act! Web API, Act! Connect Link, Act! Companion
Act! Companion allows you to view where your contacts are located on a map, and even plot directions to that location using your device's local maps application. See the steps below to make sue of this functionality.
1. Open the Details View of a contact record in Act! Companion, then tap the address.
2. The Map of the Contact’s location appears on the screen.
3. You can zoom in and out of the map using the + and - buttons.
4. Tapping on your contact’s location displays the distance and options for directions.
5. To switch to your current location, tap Your Location.
6. To switch back to the Contact’s location, tap Contact Business.
7. Tapping Points of Interest displays a search menu for what is nearby such as, local restaurants, Attractions, Shops etc.
8. If you tap on one of the locations found through Points of Interest, you can then schedule an activity with the contact at that location, such as a local restaurant.
9. This automatically populates the location field on the Activity with the address.
10. You can navigate to the Contact’s location using the Navigate in Maps App option and this will open the device’s maps app.
11. Alternatively, you can use the Get Directions option on either the contact or local amenity.
For more information about working with Act! Companion, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to Get Started with Act! Companion