Question: How do I Configure my Act! Companion Settings?
Product Family: Act!
Deployment: Desktop, Web and Cloud
Integration: Act! Web API, Act! Connect Link, Act! Companion
To access your Settings within the Act! Companion app, tap the menu icon in the top left corner, the scroll down to Settings near the bottom.
This area allows you to change the Language Settings, Notification Settings, User Configuration Settings, Device Interaction Settings and Calendar Integration Setting as well as check the version of Act! Companion that you are running. We will look at each Settings area below.
This allows you to choose a display language. Choose between English, French and German, then tap Save Language Settings.
This allows you to choose which notifications will appear on your mobile device. You can choose between Activity, Contact and Opportunity notifications.
NOTE: You will need to make sure Notifications are enabled within the Settings of your mobile device in order to use this feature.
Regarding the Activities notifications, you can choose which Types of Activities you wish to receive notifications for by tapping the dropdown menu beneath the slide button.
For information about how often your device will receive notifications, please see the following article:
User Configuration Settings
The User Configuration Settings allows you to re-order and configure the Navigation Menu Order, and also allows you to change the Initial View.
- Navigation Menu Order
When you first use Act! Companion, you will typically see 4 icons at the bottom of the app that help you to navigate. The default icons will take you to the Activities section, the Contacts section, the Act! Insight section and the Opportunities section.
If you would like to change the order of these icons, or have shortcuts to different section of the app, you can make these changes in the Navigation Menu Order.
1. Tap Navigation Menu Order.
2. You will see a list of the various sections of Act! Companion. Those that are starred are currently being shown in the navigation menu.
3. The padlock icon allows you to lock or unlock the ability to customize the menu as you wish.
NOTE: The maximum amount of icons you can display along the bottom navigation menu is 4.
4. If you wish to change the areas of the app that are displayed, tap the star icons to select or deselect each section, and tap Save once you have finished.
5. The order of the 4 icons is determined by the order they have been selected. So if you wish to change the order, deselect all of the areas first, then select them in the order you wish them to appear, then tap Save.
- Initial View
By default, Act! Companion will show you the Contacts section when you first open the app. If you wish to see a different section instead, you can configure this in the Initial View configuration option.
1. Tap Initial View.
2. You will see a dropdown list that currently displays Contacts.
3. Tap the dropdown and choose your preferred initial view from the list.
4. Tap Save.
5. When you next start up Act! Companion, the initial view will have been changed.
Device Interaction Settings
This setting allows you to specify which history prompts you would like to receive. Act! Companion can prompt you to record history when you call, text or email a contact. You can control these automatic prompts here.
1. Simply tap each of the three options to enable or disable the history prompts as you prefer.
2. Make sure to tap Save once you have made your choices.
Calendar Integration Setting
The final setting option allows you to enable integration with your phone’s native calendar. When enabled, all new Activities that you create in Act! Companion will also be added automatically to your phone’s calendar as well.
For more information about working with Act! Companion, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to Get Started with Act! Companion