Question: How do I view, create and edit Contacts in Act! Companion?
Product Family: Act!
Deployment: Desktop, Web and Cloud
Integration: Act! Web API, Act! Connect Link, Act! Companion
The Act! Companion app allows you to work with existing Companies in your Act! database, including editing them and adding or removing Contacts. It also allows you to create completely new Companies on the go as well. The instructions to use this feature can be found below.
1. Tap the menu icon at the top left of the screen.
2. Tap Companies from the Navigation menu. Your Company list will display.
3. Tap on a Company to display the options to Call the Company, view its Details, or add it to your Favorites.
4. Tap the Details option to open the company record.
5. Associate Contacts by taping the link icon under the Contacts heading.
6. The + icon allows you to add a brand new Contact to the Company record.
7. Other items such as Opportunities, Activities and Histories can be associated in a similar way.
1. When viewing your Company List, tap the Search field at the top.
2. You can choose which field to search in by tapping the filter.
3. Type your search criteria in the field, then tap return to search.
4. Act! Companion will search your database and display the results (below).
5. To return to the list of companies, tap the X, to the right of the search field.
1. With the Company open in detail view, tap the pencil icon in the bottom corner.
2. Alternatively, from within the list view swipe the Company to edit from left to right, then tap Edit.
3. Make necessary changes to the Company record and then tap Save, otherwise you can exit out of editing the Company using the top left X
1. In the Companies list section, tap the icon.
2. Complete the Company details and tap Save.
1. In the list of companies, swipe the company to delete from right to left.#
2. Tap the Delete option and confirm deletion.
3. Alternatively, when editing a Company as described above, tap the trashcan icon.
For more information about working with Act! Companion, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to Get Started with Act! Companion