Question: How do I view, create and edit Groups in Act! Companion?
Product Family: Act!
Deployment: Desktop, Web and Cloud
Integration: Act! Web API, Act! Connect Link, Act! Companion
When using the Act! Companion app it is possible to view and create database Groups from within the app. You can also add Contacts, associate Opportunities, and add Histories as well.
1. Tap the menu icon at the top left of the screen.
2. Tap Groups from the Navigation menu.
3. A list of Groups will show and can be scrolled up and down the screen.
4. Tap on a Group to open to see icons to access the Details or add to your Favorites.
1. From the Groups List view swipe from left to right, then tap the Edit icon.
2. Alternatively, within the Details view, tap the Pencil icon to begin editing the Group.
3. Make any changes required, then tap Save in the top right corner to save your changes.
1. In the Groups List view, tap the + icon.
2. Complete the Group details and tap Save.
1. In Groups List view, swipe the group to from right to left.
2. Tap the Delete icon and confirm deletion.
3. Alternatively, when editing a Group record, tap the trashcan.
Adding Contacts or Opportunity Records to a Group
1. In the Details view of a Group, tap the small link icon under Contacts or Opportunities.
2. In the search window that appears, type in the record you wish to find, and tap return to search.
3. Tap the record name to select them, then tap Save.
4. If the small + icon is tapped rather than the link icon, you can add a completely new Contact or Opportunity instead.
For more information about working with Act! Companion, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to Get Started with Act! Companion