Question: How do I use the Create Campaign tool in my template in Act! Marketing Automation?
Product Family: Emarketing
Product: Act! Marketing Automation
If you are wanting to create a very simple campaign from a template in your template library that is a basic one-off email, then you can save some time by creating the campaign from the template within your template library! This saves you the steps of creating your template, then navigating away to the campaigns module, creating a new campaign from there then adding in your template.
This is not recommended if you wish to create a campaign with multiple email or decision steps, as this requires a more thought-out build and best not to rush. However, for a blast email, this can be perfect.
To create a campaign from your template in your template library:
- Navigate to the Templates menu item with Act! Marketing Automation.
- Open the template that you wish to create a campaign around.
- Once in your template, click the Actions drop down and select Create Campaign.
- A pop up will now appear asking you to fill out the new campaign's parameters.
- Once you have filled out the campaign parameters. click Create.
You will now be directed to your new campaign's flow designer where you can make some final edits before activating your campaign. If you would like to schedule a date/time when you would like the email to go out to your group, read more about scheduling your email here.
If you are ready to activate your campaign:
- In your campaign, click the Actions drop down and select Activate.
- Be sure to review your activation screen and confirm that things like send time (Initial Send), group you are sending to, from name and email, all look correct before activating. Once an email sends, it can not be taken back!
- Once you have confirmed that your campaign parameters look correct, click Activate Campaign. Your campaign is now active and your email will send out at the time you set in the campaign flow.
After a campaign is active and your email has sent out, you can begin monitoring your campaign statistics once your contacts have received your email, opened it and clicked any links in the email. To check your campaign statistics, read more here.