Question: How do I use the Business Card reader with Act! Companion?
Product Family: Act!
Deployment: Desktop, Web and Cloud
Integration: Act! Web API, Act! Connect Link, Act! Companion
When using the Act! Companion app it is possible to scan a person's physical business card in order to quickly add their contact details into your Act! database. To use the business card reader, please see the instructions below.
1. Open Act! Companion, go to the Contacts section.
2. Tap the + icon in the bottom right corner to begin creating a new contact record.
3. Act! Companion displays the New Contact form. At the top of the screen, you will see the option Scan Card. Tap this.
4. You will then be prompted to either Take a photo of the business card, or if you already have a picture of the business card saved on your device you can choose existing from your library. Tap the appropriate option.
5. You will then see the Contact Autofill This will have taken the details from the business card and mapped them to appropriate fields in Act!. Each value that it has pulled will be listed, and below each entry will be the name of the field that the app thinks the data should be mapped to. If you want to make any changes, you can tap into any field and manually amend the data, or you can tap onto any Mapped To option and choose different mapping if you wish.
6. Once you are happy with any changes made, tap Apply.
7. Finally, tap Save to save your contact.
For more information about working with Act! Companion, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to Get Started with Act! Companion