Question: How do I Create and Filter History within act! Companion?
Product Family: Act!
Deployment: Desktop, Web and Cloud
Integration: Act! Web API, Act! Connect Link, Act! Companion
When using the Act! Companion app it is possible to view a list of all the History entries across your whole database. To do this, follow the instructions below.
Viewing the History List
1. To view a list of History records, tap the act! menu button in the upper left corner, then tap the History button. This will display the History screen in a list.
2. When in the History section you can filter your Histories by using the ellipsis button in the top right corner. The filters available are Date Range, History Type, Users or Private.
Creating a History record from within the History section:
1. From the bottom of the screen, tap the + button in the lower right corner.
2. As with a normal History entry in Act!, you can now type in what the History is Regarding, the full Details of the History, the Type and Result, as well as select a date and time as well.
3. Swiping down to the bottom of the screen will allow you to choose the Record Manager for the History item, as well as associate it with a Contact from your database. By default, your own record will be associated with new History, but you may remove this by tapping the X next to your name if you prefer. To add new Contacts to the record, tap in the Search box to find that Contact.
4. The new History record will now appear on the History tab for your contact record in Act!.
Creating History from within other Act! records:
1. If you are inside the Details view of a Contact, Company, Group or Opportunity record, you can create a History item for that record.
2. Simply swipe down in the record to find the History box.
3. Tap the + icon to add a new History item.
4. You can then create the History item as previously discussed, but the current record will already be associated.
For more information about working with Act! Companion, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to Get Started with Act! Companion