Question: How do I record History for a Call/SMS Message/Email in Act! Companion?
Product Family: Act!
Deployment: Desktop, Web and Cloud
Integration: Act! Web API, Act! Connect Link, Act! Companion
NOTE: History will be recorded if you have enabled the appropriate Setting. See the following article for more information:
When accessing Contact records in the Act! Companion app, you may notice in the list view you have options to Call or Email the contact:
Within the Details of the contact, you can tap the same options, as well as Send Text to the contact as well:
Tapping any of these options will use the device's native applications to perform the action. For example, if you wish to make a call, then you must be using a mobile device with the ability to make outgoing calls. The same is true for sending texts or emails.
To record History for any of these actions, please see the instructions below:
1. Whenever you tap to make a call, send an SMS message, or send an email, a record history prompt will automatically appear, BEFORE you make the call, send the text or send the email.
2. Once you have completed the prompt and click Continue, the history will be recorded, and you can proceed to make the selected action (Call/SMS/Email).
3. If you are sending a text, the body of the actual text message will be populated with the Details that were specified when you recorded the History.
4. If you are sending an email, the Subject will be populated with the Regarding field, and the body of the email will be populated with the Details.
5. The history types that will be recorded are as follows:
- Call – Call Attempted
- SMS – Call Left Message
- Email – E-mail Sent
For more information about working with Act! Companion, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to Get Started with Act! Companion