Symptom: When trying to amend your email recording preferences in Outlook, the dropdown fields cannot be changed. You may also find Outlook prompts for a Username and Password repeatedly.
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! on Premise only
Version: v22.1 and above
Environment: Shared database across a network
This can be caused when the Act! Web API Host used for Outlook Integration does not have the required permission level to communicate with a database over a network.
To resolve this create a Windows Service user with the same credentials on both the host computer and each client computer that wishes to make use of Outlook integration. Once this has been done, these credentials can be used to run the Act! Web API Host service allowing it to authenticate over the network.
Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue:
1. Create a Windows Service user on the host computer and client computer. Make sure that the username and password are identical.
Disclaimer: The link below provides advice on Service Accounts. Act! does not support this directly.
2. On each client computer run the Act! Web API Host as the new Service Account set-up above by
3. Start > Services.msc
4. Locate the Act! Web API Host service
5. Right click the service, choose Properties
6. Click Log On tab.
7. Select the radio button for This Account
8. Enter Windows Service user credentials
9. Click apply > ok
10. Restart the Act! Web API Host service
You will now be able to enter your Act! Username and Password and complete the Outlook Integration set-up.