How do I exclude a specific group(s) from my Act! Marketing Automation campaign?
Product Family: Emarketing
Product: Act! Marketing Automation
Unlike your global suppression list that excludes contacts from receiving ANY email from AMA, a campaign specific Exclusion List allows you to prevent certain groups from receiving emails within a specific campaign.
To add an exclusion list to your campaign:
- Open the AMA campaign that you wish to add an exclusion list to. Note: The campaign must be in draft mode or paused to add additional groups.
- Click the Actions drop down and select Exclusion Lists.
- In the drop down next to the Groups drop down, select the additional group you would like to exclude from this campaign. Once selected, click Add Exclude List.
- You will see the group now displayed below the drop downs. You can continue to add as many additional groups as you want, there is no limit.
- Once you have your additional groups added, click the Return button to be taken back to your campaign flow.
Now, all contacts in the groups that you added to the Exclusion List will be suppressed from receiving any emails within this campaign!
For instructions on adding Inclusion Lists to your campaign, read the article below: