A plain text version of your email is rather important, although a lot of Marketers forget this! Although HTML emails reign as king, the plain text version can help you avoid spam traps and allows your text-only recipients to more clearly understand your message and not be left out.
Putting it into practice in AMA is rather simple and does not require as much extra time as you might think. To access:
- Navigate to Act! Marketing Automation from within Act! CRM.
- Click the Campaigns menu item within AMA.
- Open the campaign you wish to create a text version for.
- In the campaign flow, click the email step that you plan on adding a text version to, select Edit Email Content then click Go.
- Once you have the email editor open, just click the Actions dropdown and select Text Version.
You will be taken to a simple text editor where you can enter the message of your email with simple text. For best practices on how to add a text version, check out this article done by a 3rd party, Litmus, that covers everything you need to know about creating an easy-to-read text version of your email.
Once you have your text version to your liking, click the Actions dropdown and select Save and Return, you're done! You will then be directed back to your HTML email where you can continue editing your campaign.