Question: How do I add a title to my drag and drop template in Act! Marketing Automation?
- Product Family: E-marketing
- Product: Act! Marketing Automation
When creating an email, you typically need to insert titles to establish an hierarchy in your content. With our drag and drop editor, you can create title blocks so that the output HTML will render those titles with heading tags (H1, H2, H3).
To add a title to your template, first create a new template or open any existing template from your template library. To reach your template library:
- Navigate to Marketing Automation menu item.
- Click the Templates menu item to go to your template library.
- Open an exiting template or create a new template.
To add a Title, use the Title block available in the Content tab of the editor.
Once dragged into the stage, a title block will be created.
As you can see, the block has a “lite” version of the text toolbar, similar to the one available for the Button block. Let’s have a look at the content properties for this block.
- The “Title” property is used to select the proper heading style (H1/H2/H3).
- The settings highlighted in red are the ones that are missing from the usual text toolbar and are applied to the whole block.
- The settings highlighted in green are applied to the whole block, unless the same setting has been changed for the whole block or for a part using the controls on the text toolbar. In that case, the color selected with the toolbar won’t be overridden.
Using different titles on desktop vs mobile
By using two separate Title blocks and applying the hide on desktop/mobile setting, you can have titles with the same title tag (e.g. H1) but with different font styling.
This comes super-handy if you need to differentiate title size and style on mobile and desktop, while keeping the same heading tag.