Symptom: Using the Word Integration with Online Versions of Act! Opens a Word Document of Random Text
Product Family: Act!
Online only - accessing Act! through a web browser
Cause: This can occur if the files used to perform integration tasks (.amm files) are associated with the wrong program. These files are downloaded with each usage of Word integration and must be associated correctly.
- Open up any contact in Act!.
- Go to Write > Letter which will then download a .amm file.
- Locate this download on your computer. Typically this can be found in your downloads folder, or you may have been prompted to choose a location to download the file when you performed step 2 above.
- Right click the file and choose Open with. Make sure to select ActMailMerger and tick the option to Always use this app to open .amm files. Click OK then test the Word integration again by writing another letter.
- If you do not see ActMailMerger in the list, you may need to browse to its location. Again make sure that Always use this app to open .amm files is ticked, then click More apps (as per the screenshot above). Scroll down and choose Look for another app on this PC.
- Now browse to the location of the installed integration. By default this is located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\ACT for Web\ClientSrvs\Office\Outlook
- Select the ACT!.Integration.exe application.
- Test the Word integration again by writing another letter.