Symptom: Act! Alarms do not pop up when using Act! access via web in your web browser
Product: Act! access via web v23 and above
Accessing through web browser
Cause: Act! access via web requires you as the customer to host your database as a website. If alarms are not popping up in Act!, additional configuration is required. Please follow the steps below to resolve this.
- Locate the web.config file within the installation directory of Act! access via web on the server which has Act! configured to host your database as a website.
- Right click the file and choose to open it with Notepad.
- Locate the following line: <httpCookies sameSite="None" requireSSL="false" />
Whether you protect your site with a valid SSL certificate or not will decide what change you need to make to this line.
Your site uses a valid SSL certificate:
<httpCookies sameSite="None" requireSSL="true" />
Your site does not use a valid SSL certificate:
<httpCookies sameSite="Strict" requireSSL="false" />
- Save your changes and test.
- If you are still having problems with this then please refer to the following Knowledgebase article:
What are the required browsers and recommended browser settings for Act! in the Cloud?